Dear St. Mark Church Family,
It is with heavy heart that I recognize the real danger of the Corona Virus Delta Variant in our community. As of this week, our Albemarle County and our city of Charlottesville is in the category of “substantial spread of COVID-19”
Because of this status, the CDC recommends indoor masking. I know that this feels like a step backwards when we were just recently so ready to take off our masks after vaccination. I grieve with you that we still have to wait for the day when we don’t have to question whether to visit relatives and friends and have a risk free vacation.
So where we are right now? Our church mission council and I as a pastor would like to ask you:
- Please stay home if you have any symptoms of coughing, runny nose, high temperature, tiredness, or having trouble smelling or tasting food.
- Please wear masks when indoor at the church, including during worship. We will have some masks in the Narthex if you need one!
- Please do not sing because singing is the highest level of exhaling the virus.
- Please continue to worship online with us and share our communion table.
- Please consider meeting via Zoom instead of in person.
We are not without hope. I strongly believe that because of the high vaccination rate and our willingness to wear masks and follow CDC guidelines, we are progressing toward a time when we will be free to sing during worship and give a hug to someone who needs it.
Pastor Viktoria Parvin